Thursday, February 27, 2014

"New" Cabin Fever?

   I love all this sunshine we have been getting lately.  The only problem with so much sunshine is that it's still February so the temperatures are still hovering above freezing most days.  The few days of 60 degree weather we had a week ago was just a tease and made me so ready for spring and spring cleaning and sprucing.  So I've started my spring cleaning a little early and getting all my stuff neat and organized gets all my creative juices flowing and decorating ideas popping.  Which wouldn't be such a bad idea except that so many of my projects have to be done outside.  :(   There are several pieces of furniture that I want to refinish and right now it's still just too cold to do that outside since I don't have a garage or shop area. 

   So all of this creativeness and organizing and reorganizing makes me realize how much I really want my own house and not an apartment with all antique white walls and generic linoleum floors and dingy door knobs.  Don't get me wrong.  I love my apartment.  It is really spacious and has a great layout but it has some much more potential that the designers didn't utilize.  Plus its all just a little outdated and could use some sprucing up but since I don't plan to live there forever there's really no point in making those kinds of changes.  So it's a little frustrating knowing that I have to put a leash on my decorating and design ideas since I can't paint or change any light fixtures or do any of those kinds of upgrades.

  Of course it doesn't help that I'm totally addicted this blog Addicted 2 Decorating where the author Kristi is documenting the renovation of her home which is 40 or 50 years old I believe.  If you have never read one of her blogs you really need to go check her out.  She's amazing and she does almost all of the work herself unless it has to do with something major like plumbing or electrical.  She is so inspirational and makes me want to dive head first into all the projects that I always thought would be impossible to do on my own. 

   So for now I will just keep note of all my wonderful plans and ideas as they come to mind so one day when I finally have my own little dream house, I can paint and create until my heart's content.  And I guess I will just have to find a way to be happy with however I can make my mark on my current abode and continue to dream look to the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment