Friday, July 11, 2014

Response and Responsibility perhaps?

Looking back over the last year of my life and the changes that have occurred, I came to the realization of how much I have changed and in my opinion grown and matured.  I went from being totally dependent on others for my happiness and well being to almost completely self sufficient.  Although I never dreamed my life would take the sharp turns and in some cases U-turns that it has, looking back I wouldn't change any of them.  Maybe with turning 30 I've suddenly developed a new sense of clarity or maybe it was just my time to grow up but I can honestly look back now and say that every experience I have gone through, good or bad, has helped to shape me into the person I am right now and frankly I'm kind of pretty happy with the result so far.  Again maybe it's just something that comes with the milestone of age but I feel like I'm really starting to get to know myself and who I really am and what I really believe.  I'm starting to care less what others think of me and more about what I think of myself and what God thinks of me.  I've also come to the realization that life really is all about choices.  You can choose to pay your bills or to blow all your cash.  You can choose to be happy or to be miserable.  You can choose to be lonely or to enjoy the solitude.  You can choose to be responsible for your actions or to stick your head in the sand.  You can choose to hold your head up high or to cower in the shadows.  Basically it still all boils down to you, and that's a valuable lesson to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment